Police Officer Positions Available Rockwood Police Department
The Rockwood Police Department is now accepting applications for a Police Officer position. Applications may be picked up at City Hall or the Police Department during regular business hours. Applications can be emailed upon request or downloaded from www.cityofrockwood.com. All applications must be returned to the Police Department during regular business hours or by mail. If mailed, the envelope should be marked as “Application Enclosed”. All applications/resumes should be turned in no later than May 20, 2020 at close of business.
For those wanting to mail in their application, here is the address:
110 N. Chamberlain Ave. Rockwood, TN. 37854
The application can be downloaded by clicking on the PDF Icon below:
For those wanting to email their application, please send the application to the following email address:
Requirements for candidates include the following:
- POST certified is preferred, but non-certified will be considered, as long as person is eligible & willing to attend the police academy. If Post certified, documentation must accompany the application.
- A legal resident of the United States
- Be a person of good moral character
- Be a high school graduate or equivalent
- No felony convictions
- No domestic violence convictions
- Acceptable driving record in accordance with Tennessee Post Commission Standards
The selection process may include:
- Complete application and return all required documents
- Preliminary questionnaire and Interview
- Extensive background investigation of criminal history, employment history, residences, scholastic record, credit history and driving history
- Final interview
- Psychological Testing
- Medical Examination and Drug Testing
The City of Rockwood does not discriminate against any person based on race, color, sex, religion, ancestry, national origin, age disabilities, or veteran status, as required by applicable federal and state laws and regulations.